The animal health flagship combines advances in vaccinology and diagnostics with refined herd health management to improve productivity and mitigate disease risks. It:
- Evaluates animal health constraints and threats: methods and tools to identify the extent and impact of animal health constraints and how these are changing
- Refines and adapts holistic herd health management approaches: impact of biosecurity, animal welfare and rational use of drugs
- Develops diagnostics and vaccines: new products for monitoring and control of livestock diseases in the targeted livestock production systems
- Develops delivery models to improve access to animal health services and products: demand-driven and gender-responsive delivery models
5. What are the most promising gains that we can expect for smallholders from animal health research discovery and delivery? How do we best achieve these?