The Livestock Health flagship’s objectives are:
- Develop and deploy methods and tools for evaluating animal health constraints and identifying emerging threats.
- Refine and adapt herd health approaches to improve herd health management, including appropriate drug use.
- Develop diagnostics and vaccines to improve animal disease control programs.
- Test different gender-responsive business models to improve access to animal health services and products.
- Performs advanced biosciences research on animal vaccines and diagnostics.
- Evaluates and adapts new holistic approaches to improve herd health.
- Explores new solutions to improve product and service delivery.
- Has a strong commitment to a gender-integrated research approach.
- Provides leverage and value for money through ‘crosstalk’ among laboratory and field-based staff, leading to faster and more efficient deployment of new products and services.
Contact flagship leader: Ulf Magnusson, SLU