The program’s research and development outcomes are delivered through five flagships:
The Livestock Livelihoods and Agri-Food Systems flagship aims to:
- Set research priorities for the Livestock CRP, within the context of a dynamic, global livestock sector and conduct policy analysis to guide inclusive and sustainable investments by both public and private actors.
- Improve livestock technology development and adoption by ensuring that gender-based analysis informs research priority setting across the CRP and that delivery and scaling are equitable.
- Identify, test and facilitate livestock-mediated pathways to improve nutrition in rural households and their communities.
- Improve the livelihoods of smallholder livestock keepers and their ability to cope with shocks, through integrated technologies and institutional innovations.
- Improve the performance of animal-source food systems and promote pro-poor livestock development through institutional innovation and policy advocacy.