The program’s research and development outcomes are delivered through five flagships:
The Livestock Feeds and Forages flagship aims to:
- Define the priorities for feed and forage research and development.
- Develop improved feed and forage genetic options.
- Identify and test feed and forage utilization and processing opportunities suitable for use in small-scale production systems undergoing rapid inclusive or fragile growth.
- Take new feed and forage technologies to scale
- Assess the impact of these technologies on animal productivity, farm incomes and the distribution of benefits to producing and consuming families, including women and children.