The animal health flagship combines advances in vaccinology and diagnostics with refined herd health management to improve productivity and mitigate disease risks. It:
- Evaluates animal health constraints and threats: methods and tools to identify the extent and impact of animal health constraints and how these are changing
- Refines and adapts holistic herd health management approaches: impact of biosecurity, animal welfare and rational use of drugs
- Develops diagnostics and vaccines: new products for monitoring and control of livestock diseases in the targeted livestock production systems
- Develops delivery models to improve access to animal health services and products: demand-driven and gender-responsive delivery models
5. What are the most promising gains that we can expect for smallholders from animal health research discovery and delivery? How do we best achieve these?
See comments below